HYPOPARATHYROIDISM EDUCATIONAL VIDEOS
The Danish Association for Hypoparathyroidism
The Danish Association for Hypoparathyroidism is run by people with hypoparathyroidism, with help and advice from interested professionals. It provides advice and information, hoping to increase knowledge about the disease and to fight for better medical help. The organization aims to bring together people with this rare disease.http://www.hypopara.dk
A patients’ organisation working to improve the lives of people affected by hypoparathyroidism in France.http://hypopara.fr
Nordic hypoPARA Organisation is a patient driven non-profit alliance for patients with hypoparathyroidism, their relatives, and interested healthcare professionals. It aims to offer information and advice, increase contact between patients, facilitate cooperation with their healthcare professionals, and promote further research into the disease.http://www.hypopara-nordic.org
Svensk förening för Hypoparatyreoidism
Svensk förening för Hypoparatyreoidosm is an official registered patient driven non-profit organisation, serving patients with hypoparathyroidism, their family and friends and interested healthcare professionals in Sweden. It aims to connect patients and offer them information and advice.
Facilitates cooperation with healthcare professionals to promote further research into the disease.
Hypopara United Kingdom
Hypopara UK is the only patient organisation for adults & children living with a parathyroid condition in the UK and Ireland. Volunteers raise awareness about these rare conditions, support new research, fundraise, and offer friendly support and reliable information.http://hypopara.org.uk
- Bollerslev J, Rejnmark L, Marcocci C, et al. European Society of Endocrinology Clinical Guideline: Treatment of chronic hypoparathyroidism in adults. Eur J Endocrinol. 2015;173(2):G1-20.
- Levine MA. Normal mineral homeostasis. Interplay of parathyroid hormone and vitamin D. Endocr Dev. 2003;6:14-33.
- Shoback DM, Bilezikian JP, Costa AG, et al. Presentation of Hypoparathyroidism: Etiologies and Clinical Features. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016;101(6):2300-12.
- Underbjerg L, Sikjaer T, Mosekilde L, et al. Cardiovascular and renal complications to postsurgical hypoparathyroidism: a Danish nationwide controlled historic follow-up study. J Bone Miner Res. 2013;28(11):2277-85.
- Underbjerg L, Sikjaer T, Mosekilde L, et al. The Epidemiology of Nonsurgical Hypoparathyroidism in Denmark: A Nationwide Case Finding Study. J Bone Miner Res. 2015;30(9):1738-44.
- Astor MC, Lovas K, Debowska A, et al. Epidemiology and Health-Related Quality of Life in Hypoparathyroidism in Norway. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016;101(8):3045-53.
- Clarke BL, Brown EM, Collins MT, et al. Epidemiology and Diagnosis of Hypoparathyroidism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016;101(6):2284-99.
- Powers J, Joy K, Ruscio A, et al. Prevalence and incidence of hypoparathyroidism in the United States using a large claims database. J Bone Miner Res. 2013;28(12):2570-6.
- Hadker N, Egan J, Sanders J, et al. Understanding the burden of illness associated with hypoparathyroidism reported among patients in the paradox study. Endocr Pract. 2014;20(7):671-9.
- Mitchell DM, Regan S, Cooley MR, et al. Long-term follow-up of patients with hypoparathyroidism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97(12):4507-14.
- Shoback D. Clinical practice. Hypoparathyroidism. N Engl J Med. 2008;359(4):391-403.
- Chatterjee S. Permanent hypoparathyroidism following radioiodine treatment for hyperthyroidism. J Assoc Physicians India. 2004;52:421-2.
- Horwitz CA, Myers WP, Foote FW, Jr. Secondary malignant tumors of the parathyroid glands. Report of two cases with associated hypoparathyroidism. Am J Med. 1972;52(6):797-808.
- Bilezikian JP, Khan A, Potts JT, Jr., et al. Hypoparathyroidism in the adult: epidemiology, diagnosis, pathophysiology, target-organ involvement, treatment, and challenges for future research. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26(10):2317-37.